A taste of Christmas, this chocolate orange flavoured fudge with a mix of festive sprinkles is the perfect gift for a loved one.
AD – The Slow Cooker has been gifted to me, but all views are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
It’s so lovely to receive a gift that’s been made especially for you at Christmas. So much more special, and tells you that the person who made it for you thought that you were worthy of a present that they spent their own time and effort on. How lovely is that?
This easy, slow cooker Christmas fudge is the perfect homemade edible gift. It doesn’t require a huge shopping list of ingredients, takes minimal time to make, and you can make it in big batches, dividing between fudge bags, boxes or mason jars for the whole family. That’s not to mention the fact that it’s made with Terry’s Chocolate Orange and tastes incredible.
The only thing you have to bare in mind, is that it lasts longer when refrigerated. Making it in advance and delivering it early to sit under the receivers tree for a few weeks isn’t ideal, so think carefully about when you plan on giving it to your loved ones.
This fudge should last around 2 weeks when refrigerated.
Click here to watch my YouTube video on how to make this Slow Cooker Christmas Fudge.
Here’s how I made this slow cooker Christmas fudge
What you’ll need to make this slow cooker Christmas fudge
I use this Swan Retro 6.5L Slow Cooker, and I love it! I’ve had a few different slow cooker makes in my time, but this one is by far my favourite. It comes in different sizes and in so many different colours! You can get 20% off the entire website if you use My code – cosyhomebird20, click here to be taken to the swan website.
This slow cooker is usually £39.99, but with my discount you can get it for only £32, or there are other size options if this one isn’t suitable.
You will also need:
9 x 9 inch baking tray
You may also like:
- 1 Terrys chocolate orange
- 1 Dark Terrys chocolate orange
- 200g milk chocolate
- 1 397g tin of condensed milk
- knob of butter
- Firstly, break all of the chocolate into segments and add them altogether to the slow cooker.
- Next, add the butter and condensed milk.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, set to “low” and cook for 2 hours, stirring every so often.
- After the 2 hours, ladle the fudge into a lined 9x9inch square tin and level out with a spoon, spatula or pallet knife.
- Cover the with Christmas sprinkles and refrigerate for 2+ hours.
- After 2+ hours and when the fudge is set, take it out of the fridge and lift the fudge in the grease proof paper out of the tin.
- Cut into squares and place in fudge bags, mason jars or whatever you have chosen to gift it in. (Tip – if you’re layering the fudge, you may find it useful to cut strips of grease proof paper and place them between each layer to avoid sticking.)
Thanks for reading, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to keep up to date with my latest posts.
If you liked this slow cooker Christmas fudge recipe, why not try my Christmas truffle cupcakes recipe. Click here to read it.