Gorgeous homemade chocolate cookies, with delicious embedded chocolate chips. The perfect chocolate snack that oozes indulgence.
With the shops selling out of everything lately due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we had to rethink our food shopping strategy.
We’ve been buying locally from smaller businesses to avoid the supermarkets, and to be fair we wish we’d done this a long time ago!
Whatever we haven’t been able to buy, we’ve looked at making for ourselves. That’s why I decided to make these Chocolate Chip Cookies! Thankfully, I already had all of the ingredients in my cupboard, and I wanted to make use of them to avoid buying more things that aren’t necessary for me, but that probably are for somebody else.
I love this recipe, because it’s quick and easy to prepare, they don’t take long to bake, and it makes a decent sized batch!
One problem however…
…they are SO difficult to resist! They certainly will not stay in the tin for long!
If you don’t have any cocoa powder, you can make plain ones, and if you don’t have chocolate chips then that’s also not the end of the world. Simply plain cookies are also delicious! For an alternative, you could also use white chocolate chips, chocolate chunks or if you have any sweet treats in ready for Easter, such as mini eggs or smarties, you could always mix some of those in!
Here’s how I made my Chocolate Chip Cookies
*This post contains affiliate links
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 125g Brown Sugar
- 125g Softened Butter/Stork
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 100g Chocolate Chips
What you’ll need to make these Chocolate Chip Cookies
Wire Cooling Rack
To prepare, preheat oven 180 degrees, and place greaseproof paper on 2-3 baking trays. I generally find it best to split them between about 4 standard baking trays, you can always bake one tray at time.
- Firstly, place the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl, and mix together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Secondly, add the egg and continue to mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Place two thirds of the chocolate chips in the mixing bowl and fold in with a spoon.
- Roll the mixture into balls, roughly the size of a walnut, and place on the baking trays widely spread with plenty of space between them. (Tip – you can do this just with your hands, or an ice cream scoop can also be quite useful for this. I generally place 6 on one standard baking tray at a time.)
- Take the rest of your chocolate chips, and place a few of them on top of each of the balls.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- When ready, remove from the oven. When your first take them out, they may look a bit soft on the top. Leave on the side for a couple of minutes to harden before placing them on a wire cooling rack.
Thanks for reading, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to keep up with my latest posts.
If you liked this, you might also like my Marble Cake Squares Recipe. Click here to read it.