Indulgent chocolate brownie hearts, oozing chocolate from the centre and decorated with sprinkles and a chocolate drizzle – The perfect valentines dessert!
*This post contains affiliate links
As always, chocolate brownie is one of my absolute favourite chocolatey desserts. As we all know, February the 14th is the date for love, roses, hearts and of course… CHOCOLATE!
It would be rude to not have a chocolatey dessert on the menu on Valentine’s Day, and what better than these Chocolate Brownie Love Bites!
They are so easy to make if you follow the directions below, and the best bit is, you can make a batch and have them as cold, sweet snacks over the days afterwards!
It’s absolutely acceptable to simply cut the brownies into squares with a knife and serve without the sprinkles if you don’t have what you need, but if you really want to go that extra mile and make things special, you can buy heart shaped cutters and valentines sprinkles on amazon or eBay! You can most likely pick up similar items from any supermarket or shops such as Wilko, The Range, B&M or Home Bargains!
Here’s how I made my Chocolate Brownie Love Bites
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 250g 70% cocoa solids chocolate
- 2 heaped table spoons self raising flour
- 250g unsalted butter
- 2 heaped table spoons cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
What you’ll need to make these Chocolate Brownie Love Bites
Heart Shaped Cutter
To prepare, preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a standard, square baking tin in order to prevent the bake from sticking.
- Firstly, chop the chocolate and unsalted butter into small pieces and place in a glass dish over a saucepan on a low heat to melt slowly.
- Secondly, add 4 eggs to a mixing bowl along with golden caster sugar, and beat with a whisk until light and frothy.
- Carefully fold the flour slowly into the mixture.
- Similarly, fold in the cocoa powder. (Tip – Try not to over mix at this stage because you don’t want to lose all of the air that you put into it in step 2.)
- Check the butter and chocolate have completely melted before pouring it into the mixture and gently folding it all together.
- Add the mixture to a greased, square baking tin and level out with a spatula in order to ensure all the corners are filled.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 26 minutes, avoiding opening the door until it’s done. (However, you may need to slightly tweak the time depending on your oven. This time is based on my fan oven, but it can be anywhere from approx 25 – 30 minutes).
- The top/outside should look cooked but the middle should appear just slightly underdone – this gives the gorgeous, gooey effect of the brownies.
- Remove from the tin whilst still in the greaseproof paper and place on a cooling rack. Leave to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
- Once cooled, use a heart shaped cutter to cut the Brownie into individual pieces.
- If serving as a dessert, place a heart Brownie on to a plate. Heat the Belgian chocolate sauce in the microwave for around 15 seconds or until a liquid is formed, and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the Brownie from side.
- Finally, add the mixed valentines sprinkles over the top and serve.
Thanks for reading, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Twitter and Pinterest to keep up to date with my latest posts.
If you liked this recipe, you might also like my Chocolate Mousse for 2 recipe, click here to read it.