Valentines Gooey Chocolate Popcorn
Gooey chocolate popcorn with valentines theme sprinkles. The perfect valentines movie night treat made with only 3 ingredients.
I love a movie night in my house. It’s like the way of celebrating something without actually having to do anything!
The idea is, you’ve had tea, the kids are in bed, you’ve done everything you needed to do that day, and if you haven’t – sod it! It will have to wait til tomorrow.
It’s finally that time where you can put your pyjamas on and cuddle up with your true love (I’m talking about your dressing gown actually, not your partner, but to be fair this is a Valentine’s post so I should probably bring them in somewhere too!), you have a glass of wine or a coffee or whatever it is that you like to drink while watching a film, and of course, you NEED snacks!
Ive put together literally the quickest way that I know to make this gorgeous valentines popcorn to share with your second love (your partner obviously, not the dressing gown this time, that was first).
Once you’ve done this, all you need to do now is grab a blanket, grab your other half, set up camp on the sofa and stick a romantic movie on – Valentine’s Day sorted!
- This recipe makes gooey popcorn because chocolate sauce is used instead of melted chocolate. If you’d prefer it to be more crunchie, you can melt a bar of cooking chocolate and stir into the popcorn.
- Ideally, it is best to make up the amount of popcorn you intend to eat, it’s so quick to make that you don’t need to make it in advance.
- You can add any kind of sprinkles if you want to make a non-valentines version on another day.
Here’s how I made my Valentines Gooey Chocolate Popcorn
*This post contains affiliate links.
- 40g salted popcorn (at least. You can make as much more than this as you like!)
- chocolate sauce (I use Tesco finest Belgian chocolate sauce)
- mixed Valentine’s sprinkles (you can use any sprinkles you like, however if you want to use the same as me, I used this valentines mix I got from eBay.
- Firstly, place some greaseproof paper on a baking tray. (if you don’t have any, don’t make a special trip out for it, tin foil will be fine.)
- Secondly, place the popcorn on the paper, all close together or touching, but non layered on top of each other.
- Place two table spoons chocolate sauce in a microwaveable dish and microwave for 15 seconds, until it is a melted to a liquid.
- Drizzle chocolate, very generously, all over the popcorn.
- Now, generously cover the chocolatey area with your valentine’s sprinkles. The sprinkles will stick to the melted chocolate, so you need to do it while it’s still warm to give it a better chance of sticking.
- Leave for about 15 minutes before carefully picking up the popcorn with a spatula and placing in the dish you wish to serve them from.
- Finally, pick your film and get Cosy on the sofa with your other half!
My Favourite Valentines Movies
For Ultra Soppy Romance – grab the tissues
P.S I Love You
Crazy Stupid Love
Thanks for reading, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to keep up to date with my latest posts!
If you liked this Valentines Gooey Chocolate Popcorn Recipe, why not read my 5 Ways To Spend Valentines Day at Home for more Valentine’s Day inspiration.