These are such a crowd pleaser! It’s a blessing that they’re so easy to make because as soon as I put them out to be eaten they are usually gone in one go!
You can put them in a dish and serve as nibbles or use them as part of an afternoon tea, they work for pretty much any type of party and guests of all ages will enjoy them!
My little boy has fun making them with me too, especially because they can be cut into fun shapes so he can make his own versions, so it’s the perfect activity for the kids on a rainy day!
– 6oz plain flour
– 4oz margarine
– 2oz caster sugar
– 2 table spoons sprinkles
– 1 teaspoon sprinkles (top)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
1. Place flour, margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl
2. Using your hands, knead and rub all the ingredients together until it forms a thick paste.
3. Add 2 tbspoons sprinkles to the mixture and knead until it’s evenly mixed together.
4. Turn mixture on to worktop and using a rolling pin, flatten it down to approximately a centimetre thickness.
5. Use a star shaped cookie/pastry cutter to cut your shapes into the mixture.
6. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and place the stars onto the tray leaving at least a 2cm space between each one.
7. prick them with a fork and sprinkle with sugar and the rest of the sprinkles.
8. Place tray in the fridge for 20 minutes.
9.Place on middle shelf of preheated oven and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until a pale golden brown.
9. Carefully remove the stars from the tray and place on a wire cooling rack.
10. Place in a sharing dish and enjoy!