Effortless Valentines sharing plate with sweet strawberries, fluffy marshmallows, whipped cream and a delicious Belgian chocolate dipping sauce.
Let’s face it, not all of us have the time to prepare a special treat for the other half on Valentine’s Day due to work or other commitments, and not everyone has the cash to splash on big romantic evenings at fancy hotels and restaurants, but that doesn’t mean you don’t want to spoil your partner!
People can get too wrapped up in the commercial side of Valentine’s Day, and think they have to spend lots of time and money to create something romantic, but I’m here to tell you that you really don’t! A little bit of thought goes a long way when it comes to romance, and at the end of the day, your partner shouldn’t care how they spend Valentine’s Day, as long as it’s with you!
Thats why I’ve put together this Effortless Valentines Sharing Plate for those who simply can’t go all out, but still want to give their partner something special. All you need to do, is make sure you have the ingredients, and put them on a plate!
You can add whatever sweets you like to the plate, but I’ve kept mine simple, to demonstrate how you really don’t need to go mad with it.
Here’s how I prepared my Effortless Valentines Sharing Plate
*This post contains affiliate links.
Ingredients/What you’ll need
- Belgian Chocolate Sauce
- Whipped Cream/Squirty Cream
Everything here can be purchased from Tesco, who also offer home delivery, which I can personally recommend as I use it weekly! If you want to make things look a little more romantic, why not add a rose or 2 and some rose petals to the area where you are presenting the plate? You can purchase those from Amazon.
- Firstly, use a ramekin or dipping dish to fill with a swirl of squirty cream and place in the centre of the plate.
- Secondly, heat the Belgian chocolate sauce in another microwaveable dipping dish or ramekin for 15 seconds until the chocolate is liquid and place with the cream.
- Place your sweets in sections filling the whole of the plate, for example, half strawberries and half marshmallows.
- Finally, place 2 skewers across the centre to be used for picking and dipping!
Thanks for reading, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to keep up with my latest posts.
If you liked this, you might also like my Chocolate and Strawberry Pancakes Recipe. Click here to read it.