Pancakes with Berries and Banana
Thick and Fluffy pancake stack topped with slices of banana, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
I am excited to bring to you these Pancakes with Berries and Banana!
Pancake day seems like so long ago now, and I have really been craving them lately after looking back through my posts and stumbling across my Valentines Chocolate and Strawberry Pancakes I made in February.
I wanted to add a bit more fruit this time, I’ve planned on doing a post like this for ages!
So this recipe makes a stack of 5 pancakes. You can double it up as you wish if you’re cooking for more than one person, or you may even choose to make a stack and cut slices out of it if you don’t want a whole stack to yourself, they can be quite filling.
The easiest way I find to make these Pancakes with Berries and Banana, is to use a small ‘one-egg’ frying pan. I’ve listed the product in the “what you’ll need” section below. That way, you don’t have to try and mould a small pancake in a large frying pan, use any separators, or do any cutting afterwards. Just make them as normal!
For me personally, I like to use fruit with pancakes to sweeten them up without using sugar, so I only use a tiny amount of icing sugar to dust over at the end, and that it sweet enough for me!
You could also switch the chocolate drizzle for golden syrup if you’d prefer.
* This post contains affiliate links.
Here’s how I made my Pancakes with Berries and Banana
Ingredients (makes a stack of 5 pancakes)
- 5oz plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml milk
- 300g strawberries
- handful of blueberries
- 1 banana
- 4 or 5 raspberries
- chocolate sauce (I use Tesco finest Belgian chocolate sauce)
- Cooking oil
- small amount icing sugar
What you’ll need to make these Pancakes
One Egg Frying Pan
To prepare, heat oil in the pan on a medium heat.
- Firstly, place the flour in a mixing bowl, and make a well in the middle.
- Secondly, beat two eggs and pour into the well of the flour.
- Whilst mixing with a hand whisk, pour the milk in with the flour and the eggs.
- Whisk until completely smooth.
- Use a ladle to pour the batter into the frying pan so that it fills the whole of the pan.
- Once you see all around the outside of the pancake batter is no longer a liquid, flip it over.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown (as pictured).
- Repeat until all the batter has been used, piling the pancakes on top of each other as each comes out of the pan.
- Chop the strawberries into quarters and place a few pieces in between each layer as photographed.
- Place a teaspoon of chocolate sauce in a microwaveable dish, and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds, until the chocolate turns completely to liquid.
- Using the side of a dessert spoon, drizzle the chocolate from side to side over the top of the pancakes.
- Chop the rest of the strawberries and banana, and place on the top with blueberries and raspberries, as on the photographs.
- To complete, sift icing sugar over the top and serve.
Thanks for reading, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to keep up to date with my latest posts!
If you liked this Pancake Recipe, you my also like my Strawberry and Cream Swiss Roll Recipe. Click Here to read it.