Chocolate Mousse for 2
This perfect valentines dessert Recipe makes enough for 2 people to enjoy an indulgent chocolate mousse following a romantic meal.
- 2 eggs
- 100g 70 % cocoa solids chocolate
- 35g butter
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 Teaspoon lemon extract
- whipping cream
- 2 strawberries
- belgian chocolate sauce
What you’ll need to make this Chocolate Mousse for 2
- Firstly, chop the chocolate and butter into small pieces and place in a glass dish over a bowl of water on low heat on the hob. Stir regularly until completely melted & remove from hob once complete.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks into two different dishes.
- Using and electric hand whisk, whisk the egg whites until foamy.
- Once foamy, add the caster sugar gradually and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form. You should be able to lift the bowl upside down and for the mixture to remain in the bowl without moving. If you can’t do this, you need to keep whisking.
- add a teaspoon of lemon extract to the egg yolk and beat.
- Add the yolk to the melted chocolate and mix.
- Half at a time, add the chocolate mixture to the egg whites and gently fold in. You must do this gently to avoid losing the air you put into the egg whites.
- Once everything is mixed together evenly, pour into your serving glasses (i used wine glasses but you can use tumblers or dessert glasses, whatever you like.) leaving around an inch at the top and cover with cling film.
- Place in the fridge for 3+hours or overnight.
- Before serving, take out of the fridge and remove cling film.
- Add whipped cream (you can whip your own cream using double cream or buy squirty cream) to the middle.
- Heat chocolate sauce in the microwave for 15 seconds and drizzle over the cream.
- Finally, place a strawberry on top and serve.
Thanks for reading, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to keep up to date with my latest posts!
If you liked this Chocolate Mousse for 2 recipe, you may also like my Indulgent Chocolate Cheesecake recipe. Click here to read it.