Tasty pancake stack with Belgian chocolate drizzle and topped with chopped strawberries – the perfect breakfast in bed.
*This post contains affiliate links
When Valentine’s Day comes around, it’s all about weekends away, evening meals out, evening meals in, and any kind of date night. But, who said it can’t start first thing in the morning?
Start the day off right for the both of you, by getting up and preparing this gorgeous breakfast treat before heading back to the bedroom!
It takes no time to make, and it can be the perfect surprise for your partner. There’s no real cooking or decorating skill involved, but by copying the photo and following the recipe, you can still present a professional looking dish which will really impress the other half!
So, what’s the secret? Well, I will tell you…
Using this one egg frying pan that can be purchased from amazon, makes the ideal sized, round pancakes, perfect for stacking!
Here’s how I made my Chocolate and Strawberry Pancakes
What you’ll need to make these Chocolate and Strawberry Pancakes
One Egg Frying Pan
- 5oz plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml milk
- 4 or 5 strawberries
- chocolate sauce (I use Tesco finest Belgian chocolate sauce)
- Cooking oil
- small amount icing sugar
Method (makes 1 stack of 5)
To prepare, heat oil in the pan on a medium heat.
- Firstly, place flour in a mixing bowl, and make a well in the middle.
- Secondly, beat two eggs and pour into the well of the flour.
- Whilst mixing with a hand whisk, pour the milk in with the flour and the eggs.
- Whisk until completely smooth.
- Use a ladle to pour the batter into the frying pan so that it fills the whole of the pan.
- Once you see all around the outside of the pancake batter is no longer a liquid, flip it over.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown (as pictured).
- Repeat until all the batter has been used, piling the pancakes on top of each other as each comes out of the pan.
- Chop 2 strawberries and place on the top.
- Place 1 whole strawberry between each layer at opposite sides from one pancake to the next (as pictured). You probably won’t be able to do this on every layer as they may fall out, so you can just do it on the ones where they do stay.
- Place a teaspoon of chocolate sauce in a microwaveable dish, and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds, until the chocolate turns completely to liquid.
- Using the side of a dessert spoon, drizzle the chocolate from side to side over the top of the pancakes.
- Finally, sift icing sugar over the top.
It really is as simple as that!
Thanks for reading, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Twitter and Pinterest to keep up to date with my latest posts.
Now that breakfast is sorted, why not try my Chocolate Mousse for 2 for your evening dessert! Click here for the recipe.